Super-Senior Four-Ball Championship
October 4-5, 2021
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship||6,138 yds. 69.7 / 125|
|70 & Over||5,787 yds. 68.3 / 122|
|Sunny, Winds 0-5mph||86 °F|
Format: 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult member; at least 65 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 15.0 or less
Entry Fee: $320 per team ($160 per player)
- 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play (commonly known as two-person best-ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 40 teams (80 players)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
- if necessary, the field will be flighted into two or three flights for gift certificates based on Round 1 scores
What is a Four-Ball? A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as best ball.
- Male amateur golfers at least 65 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN of 15.0 or less at time of entry
- $320 per team ($160 per player)
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Monday, October 4
- 8:00 AM - 9:40 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10
Tuesday, October 5
- 8:30 AM - Shotgun
- Awards ceremony and complimentary players luncheon immediately following the completion of play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,200 - 6,400 yards (Championship Division) and 5,800 - 6,000 yards (70 & Over Division)
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The cost of the practice round is $35 + tax and includes cart, golf, and range balls. Please call 941-387-1632 to arrange your practice round.
The team of Robert Cunningham & Ronald Cornette were crowned Super-Senior Four-Ball Champions in 2020 at The Amelia Island Club at Long Point. The duo posted rounds of 65-68--133 (-11) to win by four strokes. Click here for the previous year's results.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee / on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
CC of Winter Haven accepts Visa and MasterCard.
Country Club of Winter Haven
4200 Country Club Road South
Winter Haven, FL 33881
Click here for directions.