Barry Masters Golf Foundation
Barry Masters Annual Scholarship (For Bay County/Panhandle Residents)
GRANTED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BARRY MASTERS GOLF FOUNDATION
- Two (2) Annual Scholarships of $1,000-$2,000 per year, renewable and available for all four years of the student's undergraduate studies
- Preferably one male and one female recipient per year
- Application Deadline - June 1st
- Students must be Bay County Residents and US Citizens for at least one year
- Household Income of less than $125,000
- Must have competed on High School Golf Team
- Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the same general criteria outlined above for the FSGA Scholars Program
- Application - Please use the application listed above in the FSGA Scholars section
- Renewals - Each scholarship recipient is eligible for annual renewal of their scholarship under the conditions listed above in the FSGA Scholars Program
About Barry & Joyce Masters
Barry Masters was an avid golfer who loved the game and the character and skills that it helps develop. Barry served in the US Army with the 82nd Airborne at Ft Bragg NC and with the 101st Airborne at Ft Campbell KY. After his military service, Barry worked for the Chevron Oil Company for 35 years, retiring in 1997 as a Terminal Supervisor in Concord, California. Upon retirement, Barry and his wife Joyce moved to Bay Point in Panama City Beach.
While at Bay Point, Barry served as President of the Bay Point Golf Committee and President of the Bay Point Men’s’ Golf Association. Barry and Joyce were married for 28 years. Barry passed away in 2005 at the age of 67 and Joyce passed away in 2017. Barry and Joyce were active supporters of junior golf and they established a perpetual scholarship program which is being jointly administered by the Barry Masters Golf Foundation and the FSGA Foundation. The Barry Masters Golf Foundation strives to support and fund junior golf, high school golf, and collge scholarships.