Team Florida is an awards program that identifies the top 40 junior golfers from around the state. These players have not only demonstrated exceptional playing ability in local, state and national tournaments, but also display sportsmanship and etiquette.
The FSGA and its Foundation recognize the significant costs incurred by the families of junior golfers in pursuing a competitive schedule, and this program will help offset some of the costs incurred for entry fees, transportation, lodging, meals and equipment, that easily total into the thousands of dollars each year.
|Meet the 2021 Team|
- Team Florida members must be Florida residents.
- Players should participate in FSGA, USGA and FJT competitions
- Players from all economic positions are eligible for selection
Forty (40) players, from 13 to 18 years of age will be selected each year. Players will come from a variety of grad years, but not necessarily in equal numbers. Boys and girls will be selected in generally equal numbers and graduating seniors will also be eligible for selection and awards.
Team selections are made for the calendar year, but players may be chosen in subsequent years.
- Performance in the prior year's FSGA and USGA competitions
- Sportsmanship, etiquette, integrity and passion
- Performance in State and National Championships
- Participation in team competitions, including high school golf
- Demonstrated potential
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
Recognition & Support
- Funding Provided - Recipients will receive $1,000-$2,000 per year to be used to offset costs of competing in competitions, including travel, meals and entry fees
- Recipients will be announced and recognized on the FSGA website
- Team Florida members will be provided apparel that can be worn proudly
- Players from highly affluent families may confidentially decline the economic support.
Additional Support for National Championships
- Team Florida members and other players from the state of Florida may be provided additional assistance for competing in the US Amateur or US Junior Championships.
Other Program Details
- Total Support Provided - In the first year of this program, the FSGA will provide approximately $60,000 of support to junior golfers
- Amateur Status – This program has been reviewed by the United States Golf Association and is in compliance with the rules governing Amateur Status
- Additional Team Members – The committee reserves the right to name more than 10 players from any division. Additional players may be named when two or more players are very close to earning the final spots onto the team and all deserve to be named