Winter Series - Indian Springs CC (West)
February 22-23, 2021
Hasson, Dew & Grady Claim Winter Series Victories at Indian Springs CC's West Course
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. – This week the 2020-21 Winter Series rolled on at Indian Springs Country Club (West). Tom Grady, Jr. came out on top in the Super-Senior Division, and Felipe Hasson emerged as the winner of the Mid-Amateur Division this Tuesday. Robbie Dew took him the win in the Senior Division.
Hasson won his second Winter Series event on Tuesday, finishing with an even-par 142. He followed his opening-round 75 with a 65 on Tuesday–the lowest round in the field. Hasson was six shots back entering the final round, and cleaned up mistakes on Tuesday, recording nine more pars than he had on Monday.
The Miami Beach resident carded 10 birdies over the course of the tournament, edging out Andrew Sharp and Diego Fernandez, who tied for second place with a pair of 2-over 144s
Dew posted a tournament-low 138 en route to his first Winter Series victory. The Palm Beach Gardens native opened the tournament with a 1-under 70 and proceeded to shoot a 3-under 68 on Tuesday. Dew's one-shot victory came over Douglas Jones, who came in second place with a 3-under 139.
Two more players broke par at Indian Springs–Brian Kennedy and Daniel Russo shared third place with a pair of 2-under 140s.
Grady, Jr. defeated Fred Stern in a playoff on Tuesday, securing his third Winter Series title. The two both completed the second round at even-par 142, then returned to the par-5 18th hole to decide the winner. Grady, Jr. put his third shot to six inches, defeating Stern with a tap-in birdie on the first and only playoff hole.
John Hall and Bob Casamento tied for third place, with two 2-over 144s at Indian Springs CC.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Amateur||6,555 yds. 72.4/138|
|Senior||6,288 yds. 71.7/136|
|Super-Senior||6,019 yds. 69.9/134|
Indian Springs Country Club has limited carts with plastic dividers installed like pictured below. Competitors will be asked to share carts in this event with another competitor in the field. We will play in foursomes.
Format: 36-holes of gross stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult Member at least 25 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less
Age Divisions: Mid-Amateur, Senior & Super-Senior
Entry Fee: $160
- 36 holes of individual gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are age 25 or older as of March 10, 2021
- Entrant must be a Regular or Foundation Member of the FSGA
- Entrant must have an active Florida GHIN Handicap and have a current handicap index of 10.0 or lower.
There are three age divisions; Mid-Amateur (25-54), Senior (55-64) and Super-Senior (65 & above). Each player must compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of March 10, 2021. Competitors may not elect to play in a different age division or from a different tee than designated.
- Mid-Amateur (25-54) plays approximately 6,700 yards
- Senior (55-64) plays approximately 6,400 yards
- Super-Senior (65 & above) approximately 6,100 yards
**After the first round, each age division may be flighted based on the number of competitors and/or the range of scores.
- Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Age-group Champions at each event will receive a commemorative award. Gift certificates (totaling approximately $30 per-player in the field) will be awarded to the top finishers in each age group.
Monday, February 22nd
- Round 1 - 12:30 PM Shotgun
Tuesday, February 23rd
- Round 2 - 8:30 AM Shotgun
Practice Rounds & Cost
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and are restricted to after 12:00 PM on weekends. To arrange your practice round please call the club at 561-737-5510. The cost of a practice round is $40 plus tax.
There is currently no host hotel for this event.
Maximum Field Size
Individual events - 96 players in foursomes