Winter Series - Buckhorn Springs G&CC
February 3-4, 2020
Three Capture Winter Series Win at Buckhorn
VALRICO, Fla. - The Winter Series made it's way to Buckhorn Springs Country Club for two rounds of individual stroke play. Felipe Hasson took home the Mid-Amateur division, while Richard Kerper and Robert Cunningham took down the Senior and Super-Senior divisions, respectively.
Felipe Hasson came back from behind to captured his first Winter Series victory. Hasson was tied for fifth going into Tuesdays final round after posting a two over-par first round. Four birdies and one bogey gave Hasson the edge to secure a one stroke victory over Jason Coolik with a final round of three under-par, 69. Hasson was the only player in his division to finish the event under par.
Richard Kerper is no stranger to seeing his name on top of the leaderboard in 2020. Kerper secured his second Winter Series victory of the year in come back style carding an impressive final round six under-par, 66. The lowest round of the tournament. Kerper started the final round tied for eight after posting a 75 during round one. Six birdies and a bogey free scorecard led Kerper to a two stroke victory over Jimmy Jones at three under-par.
Robert Cunningham went wire-to-wire to win his first Winter Series of the year. Carding rounds of 73 and 72 proved that consistency was key for Cunningham. Finished the tournament at one over-par, 145, gave Cunningham a three stroke victory.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Amateur||6,709 yds., 72.5/133|
|Senior||6,340 yds., 70.2/128|
|Super-Senior||6,045 yds., 69.0/125|
|Ideal scoring conditions||70 °F|
|Partly cloudy with a slight breeze||75 °F|
Format: 36-holes of gross stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult Member at least 25 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less
Age Divisions: Mid-Amateur, Senior & Super-Senior
Entry Fee: $160
- 36 holes of individual gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are age 25 or older as of March 3, 2020
- Entrant must be a Regular or Foundation Member of the FSGA
- Entrant must have an active Florida GHIN Handicap and have a current handicap index of 10.0 or lower.
There are three age divisions; Mid-Amateur (25-54), Senior (55-64) and Super-Senior (65 & above). Each player must compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of March 3, 2020. Competitors may not elect to play in a different age division or from a different tee than designated.
- Mid-Amateur (25-54) plays approximately 6,700 yards
- Senior (55-64) plays approximately 6,400 yards
- Super-Senior (65 & above) approximately 6,100 yards
**After the first round, each age division may be flighted based on the number of competitors and/or the range of scores.
- Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Age-group Champions at each event will receive a commemorative award. Gift certificates (totaling approximately $30 per-player in the field) will be awarded to the top finishers in each age group.
Monday, February 3rd
- Round 1 - 1:00 PM Shotgun
Tuesday, February 4th
- Round 2 - 8:30 AM Shotgun
Practice Rounds & Cost
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and are restricted to after 12:00 PM on weekends. To arrange your practice round please call the club at 813-689-7766. The cost of a practice round is $40 plus tax.
There is currently no host hotel for this event.
Maximum Field Size
Individual events - 96 players in foursomes