Winter Series - CC of Winter Haven
November 13-14, 2023
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. – Three players took home Winter Series wins on Tuesday at The Country Club of Winter Haven. Walter Himelsbaugh was victorious in the Super-Senior division, Chad Ibbotson captured the win in the Senior division, and Jacob Richard earned the Mid-Amateur title.
Richard finished with an even-par 144 to secured the nine-shot victory in the Mid-Amateur division. He sat tied with two other players after shooting 1-over 73 in the first round. Getting off to a strong start in the final round, Richard birdied the fifth and ninth and made the turn at 1 under. The Mount Dora native birdied the 11th and 13th holes to secure the win with a final-round 71.
Ryan Prokay and James Preston tied as they both shot 73-80--153.
Ibbotson used his even-par in the second round of the tournament to pick up the win in the Senior division at 3-over 147. The Sanford native carded three birdies during Tuesday’s second round to post an even-par 72 and secure his title.
Michael Nealy finished second at 7-over 151, with rounds of 73-78. John Barry secured third place shooting 73-79--152.
Himelsbaugh earned the title in the Super-Senior division by 1-shot, finishing at 2-over 146. He got the tournament started with a 1-over 73 in the first round to be one-shot behind the leader, Jim Stone who fired an even-par 72 . The Leesburg native used a final-round 73 to take home the win.
Jim Stone finished second at 3-over 147, with rounds of 72-75. Earl Lanoue earned third place, finishing at 5-over 149.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Amateur||6,712 yds. 72.5/132|
|Senior||6,347 yds. 71.0/129|
|Super-Senior||6,109 yds. 69.7/125|
|Front Came thru with wind & rain||74 °F|
|Format: 36-holes of gross stroke play|
|Eligibility: FSGA Adult Member at least 25 years of age|
|Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less|
|Age Divisions: Mid-Amateur, Senior & Super-Senior|
|Entry Fee: $195|
|Schedule of Events|
- 36 holes of individual gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are age 25 or older as of March 5, 2024
- Entrant must be an Adult or Foundation Member of the FSGA
- Entrant must have an active Florida GHIN Handicap and have a current handicap index of 10.0 or lower.
There are three age divisions; Mid-Amateur (25-54), Senior (55-64) and Super-Senior (65 & above). Each player must compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of March 5, 2024. Competitors may not select to play in a different age division or from a different tee than designated.
- Mid-Amateur (25-54) plays approximately 6,700 yards
- Senior (55-64) plays approximately 6,400 yards
- Super-Senior (65 & above) approximately 6,100 yards
**After the first round, each age division may be flighted based on the number of competitors and/or the range of scores.
- Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Age-group Champions at each event will receive a commemorative award. Gift certificates (totaling approximately $30 per-player in the field) will be awarded to the top finishers in each age group.
Monday, November 13th
- Round 1 - 11:30 AM Shotgun
Tuesday, November 14th
- Round 2 - 8:30 AM Shotgun
Practice Rounds & Cost
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and are restricted to after 12:00 PM on weekends. To arrange your practice round please call the club at 863-324-6666. The cost of a practice round is $70 plus tax.
There is currently no host hotel for this event.
Maximum Field Size
Individual events - 96 Players in foursomes