FJT Palm Harbor Open (9-12)
April 1-2, 2023
PALM COAST, Fla. – Four players claim victory this weekend at Palm Harbor Golf Club. Assis claims first victory of the year while Ossi, Snyder, and Lee add victories to their 2023 resume.
Bento Assis adds first FJT victory of the 2023 season to his impressive record. With rounds of 72-72-144, Assis captured a three shot victory over the field. Assis, the 2029 grad, lead the field in birdies with nine total. Assis started his second round tied for the lead with Niko Gordic-Ronderos after an opening round even par, 72. With birdies on holes 3 and 7, Assis extended his lead over the field, which he never surrendered.
Axel Monssoh, Shane Frasure, and William Richards completed their second round all in a tie for second place. Richards, and Frasure fought hard throughout the round to cut into Assis’s lead with their closing rounds of 1-under par, 71. Monssoh, a Miami native, also battled in the second round carding four birdies.
Benny Ossi, a Ponte Vedra native, captures back-to-back FJT victories this weekend at Palm Harbor Golf Club. Ossi’s rounds of 72-71-143 was enough for an impressive eight shot victory. Ossi played consistently throughout the championship carding only three bogies.
Benny Minter and Zachary Netz completed their second round in a tie for second place. Minter, fired rounds of 76-75-151 for his best finish in the 2023 season. Zachary Netz made a comeback, jumping up four positions in his final round with a 3-under par, 69. Netz’s second round was the tournament low round in both of the boy’s age divisions.
Alexandra Snyder lapped the field after carding rounds of 68-69-137. Snyder’s 7-under par total gave her a five shot victory over the field. Snyder played nearly flawless golf with ten birdies, and only three bogies throughout the championship. This is Snyder’s second victory in a row for the 2023 season.
Leonie Tavares also joined Snyder as the only two girls to complete 36 holes under par. Tavares fired rounds of 72-70-142 to best the remainder of the field by six. Tavares is also playing will this season with this being her second top, two finish.
Myiah Davidson rounded out the top three in the girls (11-12) division. Davidson’s rounds of 75-73-148 was highlighted by three birdies. Davidson played consistent golf in her second round with one birdie and two bogies.
Iris Lee completed her thirty-six hole championship as the only player under par in her respective division. With rounds of 71-72-143, Lee claimed a six shot victory. Lee’s second round started shaky with an early double on her fourth hole, but with four birdies to follow, she regained her lead and claimed her second FJT victory this year.
Harper Kiss started her second round one shot off the lead, but a tough stretch of bogies ended her chase short. Kiss’s championship was highlighted by five birdies, two of which came on the 15th hole.
Michelle Lu finished her day in third place after rounds of 76-77-153. Lu carded six birdies throughout the two days and an eagle on the 15th hole.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (11-12)||5,567 yds., 67.8/120|
|Girls (11-12)||4,918 yds., 69.4/120|
|Boys (9-10)||4,918 yds., 64.6/113|
|Girls (9-10)||4,231 yds., 65.9/111|
|Sunny, Warm||80 °F|
Format: 36 holes, individual gross stroke play
Eligibility: Boys and Girls 9-12 (age calculated from the last day of the event)
Entry Fee: $75
Field Determination: First-come-first-serve basis, 84 player field
Practice Round Information: $40 + tax
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys (9-10) - 5,000 yards (gross only)
- Boys (11-12) - 5,500 yards (gross only)
- Girls (9-10) - 4,200 yards (gross only)
- Girls (11-12) - 5,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
- At the close of entries, if the 9-10 division (boys or girls) has 3 or less entrants, those players must choose one of the following options: 1) Play up into the 11-12 division OR 2) Withdraw from the event and receive a full refund.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 1st
7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Mandatory Meeting - 30 to 45 minutes prior to tee time, 15 minutes long (more information below)
Sunday, April 2nd
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Awards presentation immediately following the completion of play
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
How to Enter
Entries are submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must create an FSGA account on this website (free to set-up), purchase a current Junior Membership ($40), and have an active Florida GHIN Handicap (included in membership if golfer does not already have one). To proceed, click the "Enter" button above once entries have opened.
Late Entry Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries submitted after the close of entries date. The entry fee and late fee will only be applied if the player gets accepted in to the tournament field.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $40.00 + tax. Please call 386-986-4653 to arrange your practice round. Only one child may ride in a cart with an adult. If you have multiple children you must have multiple adults to drive golf carts for them, otherwise they will need to walk. Players wishing to walk must do so after 3:00 PM. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
|Boys 11-12||Girls 11-12|
|Champion - 1 star||Champion - 1 star|
Florida Junior Tour Policies
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Coast
Address: 150 Flagler Plaza Drive, Palm Coast, FL 32137
- Rates Available: 3/30/2023 - 4/02/2023
- 2 Queen Beds - $109/night + tax
- Book here
Booking Deadline: March 16th, 2023
Palm Harbor Golf Club
20 Palm Harbor Drive
Palm Coast, FL 32137
Click here for directions.