Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship
March 13-14, 2021
DeBra & Whittemore Victorious in Ocala to Kick-off 2021
OCALA, Fla. – Daniel DeBra and Don Whittemore teamed up to win their their FSGA championship together, raising the trophy at the Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship on Sunday. DeBra and Whittmore fired a 16-under 128 at the Country Club of Ocala to take home the two-shot victory.
The pair captured the win at the 2012 Four-Ball Championship and the 2018 Forty & Over Four-Ball Championship (North). This weekend’s victory marks the fourth FSGA championship for DeBra and the sixth for Whittemore.
DeBra and Whittemore opened the championship with 10-under 62 in the first round, the low round of the championship. They finished the day bogey free, carding eight birdies and an eagle on Saturday to take a one-shot lead over the field.
The duo got off to a quick start in Sunday’s final round with a birdie on the first. Their only hiccup of the championship with a bogey on the fifth, while the pair made the turn to the back side at 3 under for the day.
DeBra and Whittemore added three more birdies on the back nine, including a birdie from Whittemore on the 18th. They finished the day with a 6-under 66 and secure the victory in wire-to-wire fashion.
Doug Snoap and Jon Veneziano finished two shots back of the champions in second place at 14-under 130, after rounds of 63-67. Scott Blackshear and John Lobb fired a 8-under 64 in Sunday’s final round to take home third place at 13-under 131.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Amateur||6,814 yds. 73.6/139|
|Senior||6,385 yds. 71.9/136|
|Perfect, Why People Move to FL||73 °F|
The Senior Mid-Amateur Four-Ball is a popular event, crossing two age divisions, allowing players to team up with someone they likely would not in other events.
Format: 36 holes of four-ball gross stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member; teams consist of one mid-amateur (age 25-54) and one senior (age 55 & older)
Handicap: Florida GHIN 10.0 or less
Entry Fee: $360 per team ($180 per player)
- 36 holes of four-ball gross stroke play (commonly known as two-person, best-ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 48 teams (96 players)
- The lowest gross team score for 36 holes will be the Champions (no handicaps used)
- Male amateur golfers
- Each team must consist of a Mid-Amateur (25-54) and a Senior (55 & older) as of the first day of the Championship
- Two seniors may NOT compete as a team
- Both entrants are required to be current members of the FSGA and have an active Florida GHIN
- $360 per team
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, March 13th
- 8:00 AM tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
Sunday, March 14th
- 8:30 AM final round shotgun
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and/or the range of scores. Gift certificates will be awarded to the top finishers in each flight.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately:
- Mid-Amateurs - 6,700-6,900 yards
- Seniors - 6,300-6,500 yards
Only one of the partners per team needs to sign the scorecard and each score to count on each hole must be individually identifiable. See Rule 23.2b.
Practice rounds are available five days prior to the event on a space available basis. Practice rounds are restricted to after 12:00 PM on weekends. The cost of a practice round is $40.00 plus tax. Please call 352-237-6644 to reserve a time for a practice round. The place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple balls on the golf course is unacceptable.
The 2020 Championship was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2019, the team of Tom Kleppe & Marc France won at Buckhorn Springs G&CC at 63-65--128 (-14), holding off the teams of Jimmy Jones, Sr / Chip Brooke & Rick Woulfe / Kasey Denesevich. Click here for the previous year's results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not permitted in thru 5/1 of 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Country Club of Ocala
6823 SE 12th Circle
Ocala, FL 34480
Click here for directions.