FJT Fairwinds Open (9-12)
October 15-16, 2022
FORT PIERCE, Fla. – Three players took home Florida Junior Tour wins on Sunday at Fairwinds Golf Course. Bento Assis captured the victory in the Boys (11-12) division, Leah Gram earned the Girls (11-12) win and Carson Brauth finished at the top of the Boys (9-10) division.
This win marked Assis’ first FJT victory of the year. Gram earned her second-straight win, while Brauth took home his third victory of the year.
Assis fired a 3-under 141 for the weekend to secure the win in the Boys (11-12) division. He got the weekend started with a 4-under 68, carding five birdies on Saturday to take a four-shot lead over the field.
The Brazil native got off to a quick start in the final round, playing the first four holes at 2 under. Assis ran into some trouble with back-to-back bogeys to close out the front nine but turned it around on the back with two-straight birdies on the 16th and 17th. He secured the one-shot win with a final-round 73.
Cooper Foegen finished second at 2-under 142 with rounds of 72-70, while Jake Williams took third at 1-under 143. Noah Manly fired the low round of the tournament with a final-round 67, finishing the weekend in fourth place.
Leah Gram secured a new FJT Girls (11-12) 36-hole scoring record, posting two under-par rounds to capture a commanding 11-shot victory at 6-under 138. She got the tournament started with a 5-under 67 on Saturday, carding seven birdies to take a seven-shot lead over the field.
The Jupiter native secured the victory with a final-round 71. Gram was the lone player in the field to post two under-par rounds for the tournament. Emma McKoan took second place at 5-over 149, while Amelia Santiago and Danica Becker tied for third at 7-over 151.
Brauth earned his third FJT win in as many starts, finishing the weekend at 6-over 150. He started the tournament with a first-round 77 to take a share of the first-round lead. The Palm Beach Gardens native secured the one-shot win with a final-round 73.
Bobby Jones Potash took second place at 7-over 151, while Armand Bellinger finished third at 9-over 153.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 11-12||5,542 yds. 65.6/110|
|Boys 9-10||5,063 yds. 63.0/105|
|Girls 11-12||5,063 yds. 68.4/114|
|Overcast & Breezy||82 °F|
|Sunny with a slight breeze||80 °F|
Format: 36 holes individual gross stroke play
Eligibility: Boys and Girls (9-12) (age calculated from the last day of the event),
Field Determination: First-come-first-serve basis, 84 player field
Practice Round Information: $30 + tax
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys (11-12) - 5,500 yards (gross only)
- Boys (9-10) - 5,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls (11-12) - 5,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls (9-10) - 4,200 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
- At the close of entries, if the 9-10 division (boys or girls) has 3 or less entrants, those players must choose one of the following options: 1) Play up into the 11-12 division OR 2) Withdraw from the event and receive a full refund.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 15th
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, October 16th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Awards presentation immediately following the completion of play
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
How to Enter
Entries are submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must create an FSGA account on this website (free to set-up), purchase a current Junior Membership ($40), and have an active Florida GHIN Handicap (included in membership if golfer does not already have one). To proceed, click the "Enter" button above once entries have opened.
Late Entry Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries submitted after the close of entries date. The entry fee and late fee will only be applied if the player gets accepted in to the tournament field.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (772) 462-4653 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
|Boys (11-12)||Girls (11-12)|
|Champion - 1 star||Champion - 1 star|
Florida Junior Tour Policies
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
1985 Reynolds Drive
Fort Pierce, FL 34945
Fairwinds Golf Course
4400 Fairwinds Drive
Fort Pierce, FL 34946
Click here for directions.