July 24-25, 2021
Entries Close: Wednesday, July 7th at 11:30 PM
A tradition in Florida, and on it's 31st year, the FSGA Parent-Child Championship includes men, women, boys and girls of all ages. Parents and Grandparents are eligible to play with their children and grandchildren in one of the multiple age divisions, which allows everyone to participate. Teams with children older than 12, play eighteen holes each day. All ages use a Modified Alternate Shot format that promotes a great team atmosphere.
Format: 36 holes of gross Modified Alternate Shot
Eligibility: Parent/Child Teams (defined below); At least one player must by an FSGA member
Entry Fee: $280
- 36 holes of gross Modified Alternate Shot
- Maximum Field Size - 208 teams (416 players) - (adjusted to lower field sizes due to the pandemic)
- Teams will be placed into Age Divisions as of the child's age on the last day of the Championship
- Each age division Champion will be the team with the lowest 36-hole total score
- Age Divisions will be flighted for gift certificates for round two by round one scores
Modified Alternate Shot
- Both players hit their tee shots
- Next, both players hit the second shot with their partner's ball
- After each ball has been played twice, the team chooses which ball it will use to complete the hole hitting alternate shots into the hole
- Any grandparent, parent, child or grandchild of which at least one must be a member of the FSGA
- There is no maximum age limit for grandparent, parent or child
- A child under the age of 13 can move up to play in the Regular
Division (at the Committees discretion), but a child age 13 or older may
not play in the 9-hole Division
- Professionals can play, but are not eligible for trophies or prizes
- Grandparents may also play with grandchildren
- Only two-person teams are permitted
- $280 per team
- Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrants gain acceptance to the field.
- 8:00 AM shotgun start BOTH DAYS
ChampionsGate Golf Club's International & National Courses will both continue to be in the 2021 rotation. The newly renovated International Course, is a beautifully styled coastal links course, which was remodeled to feel more like it's original design. The National Course is set up for players of all skill levels, as it offers scenic views, clever doglegs, and well maintained greens year round. Both courses being designed by Greg Norman, will provide golfers with a fun and great experience at the course.
Celebration Golf Club is a favorite location for this event and will continue to be one of the courses for 2021 Parent Child. Masters of golf course architecture Robert Trent Jones, Sr and Jr. combined their talents to create a course unlike any other in the region. It's lush, almost like a natural park with undulating swells and topography, a course reflective of the very best of every course they have created around the world.
Orange County National - Panther Lake Course will join in the course rotation for 2021.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after their respective age division is full (52 teams each) or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Age Divisions & 2021 Daily Course Rotation
Each Age Division will play two 18-hole golf courses over two days. Age Divisions will change course rotation annually so that everyone will have a chance to play all courses over the years.
Age Divisions are based on child's age as of the last day of the Championship.
- Child 15 & Younger - Orange County National (Panther Lake) to Celebration
- Child 16-21 - ChampionsGate (International to National)
- Child 22-31 - ChampionsGate (National to International)
- Child 32 & Older - Celebration to Orange County National (Panther Lake)
(The FSGA reserves the right to adjust the Age Divisions and field sizes in order to equally distribute the number of teams on each golf course)
Based on competitors age as of the last day of the Championship
6,500 - 6,700
Boys 15-16 & Men 50-64
6,100 - 6,300
Boys 14 & Younger and Men 65 & Over
5,400 - 5,500
5,400 - 5,500
Girls 14 & Younger and Women 50 & Over
4,800 - 5,000
ChampionsGate Golf Club's International & National Courses - available at the discounted rate of $40 plus tax per player one week prior to the event and after 10:00 AM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Call 407-787-4653 to reserve a tee time.
Orange County National - Panther Lake Course - available at the discounted rate of $40 plus tax per player one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Please call 407-656-2626 to reserve a tee time.
Celebration Golf Club - available at the discounted rate $40 plus tax per player one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Please call 407-566-4653 to reserve a tee time.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Spectator carts may be rented on the day of the competition, based on availability on a first-come first-served basis, at all courses for $25 plus tax per day per cart.
Child 32 & Over: Leonard/Len Schonfeld (66-70--136)
Child 22-31: Kenny/Colton Godwin (69-67--136)
Child 16-21: Joe/Cade Alfieri (64-64--128)
Child 15 & Younger: Ryan/Tim Miller (69-67-- 36)
Click here for previous year's results
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
There is no host hotel.
The courses accept Cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for methods of payment.
ChampionsGate Golf Club
8575 White Shark Blvd,
Davenport, FL 33896
Click here for directions
Orange County National - Panther Lake Course
16301 Phil Ritson Way
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Click here for directions
Celebration Golf Club
701 Golf Park Drive
Celebration, FL 34747
Click here for directions