Women's Net Championship
September 11-12, 2021
Bradley & Frederick Capture Net Wins
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. – Nancy Bradley prevailed after a tie for the lead in the Middle Division while Sonia Frederick captured the Forward Division at Spring Run Golf Club. Middle Division The final round was nearly identical to the finish of the 2020 Women’s Net Championship. Nancy Bradley, of Naples, and Melanie Clegg, of Merritt Island, finished tied for the lead for the second back-to-back year. This year, Clegg and Bradley played a second round to reach a tie at the top after Tropical Storm Sally shortened the championship to 18 holes in 2020.
Defending champion, Clegg, posted two impressive net eagles on the second and tenth hole in round one to finish in second place, three strokes back. Naples resident, Kerstin Koenig, took the early lead, posting two gross birdies on the back-nine, to finish at five under-par 67. Bradley finished in fourth place after a round one even par score, one stroke behind Gayle Erickson in third place at one under-par, 71.
A consistent back-to-back 72 from Bradley in round two, moved her into a tie for first with Clegg at an even-par total of 144. Bradley stated that she “felt comfortable both days” on the golf course. A scorecard playoff, starting with the final 18-hole net score, crowned Bradley champion. This marks Bradley’s first FSGA Championship victory after finishing second in 2020.
Cheryl Sadlon claimed the win in the Middle First Flight by four-strokes. Sadlon, of Palm Beach Gardens, erased a one stroke deficit after a first round 69 (-3) to finish in first with a one over-par 145 finish. Forward DivisionRed numbers highlighted the top of the leaderboard in both round one and two for a tight race to the win. Claire Dedow, of Naples, secured the tournament low round of six under-par 66 to lead by four after round one. Orlando resident, Sonia Frederick, played a strong final nine holes in round two to climb to the top. Frederick finished two strokes better in round two, posting a four under-par 68, to capture her victory with a 138 (-6) total. Linda Davis, of Plantation, matched Frederick’s round two 68 to finish one stroke back in second place after a round one 71.
Barbara Ulch, of Jacksonville, erased a six stroke deficit, after a round one 78, to win the Forward First Flight by one stroke. Ulch was on fire in round two, finishing with a five under-par 67 to take first place with a one over-par 145 total. Catherine Saenz, of Saint Petersburg, claimed second place with rounds of 72-74 for a 146 total.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Middle||5,276 yds. 69.8/119|
|Forward||4,871 yds. 67.7/113|
|Sunny and clear skies||88 °F|
Format: 36 holes of net individual stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 18 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 34.0 or less
Entry Fee: $160
- 36 holes of net individual stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 84 players
- Maximum Score of 10 per hole is in effect
- Two divisions - Middle and Forward
- The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting)
- No pairings requests will be honored for this Championship
- Female amateur golfer
- At least 18 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- A valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 34.0
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA
Entry fee includes all competitive rounds of golf, tee gift, awards luncheon, and gift certificate prizes. Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 11th
- 7:00 - 8:15 AM - Tournament registration
- 8:30 AM - Round one shotgun
Sunday, September 12th
- 8:30 AM - Final round shotgun
- Awards luncheon immediately following play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Divisions & Course Set-Up
Players must select their division at the time of entry. A player may not switch divisions once pairings are posted.
- Middle Division - 5,200-5,400 yards approx.
- Forward Division - 4,700-4,900 yards approx.
Suggested Handicap Guidelines
The following should be considered when selecting divisions:
- Middle Division - 15.0 and Under
- Forward Division - 15.1 and Over
Committee Discretion: The Championship Committee reserves the right to move any player out of the Forward Division if their handicap is significantly lower than the majority of the competitors in that division, and their scoring history does not reflect the need to play from the Forward Division.
- All valid Florida GHIN Handicap Indexes used will be from 7 days prior to the championship start date
- Each player must have a valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index no higher than 34.0
- All players will play to 95% of their course handicap
It is the responsibility of any player that maintains a Handicap Index lower than her current Florida GHIN Handicap Index to inform the FSGA for resolution. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
The Middle and Forward Divisions will be pre-flighted based on individual handicaps. The overall Champions will be the individuals with the lowest 36-hole total net score (regardless of pre-flighting).
Generally, divisions of more than 14 individuals will be flighted, however the Committee reserves the right to flight based on the number of individuals and/or the range of handicaps.
All Divisions - Ties for first place in each flight of the Middle and Forward Divisions will be broken by a modified USGA tie break method. The final day 18 hole net respective score will be used to determine the first place individual. (If there is still a tie, the final 9 holes of the last day (holes 10-18) will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie, the final 6 holes are used; then if needed the final 3 holes; then the final hole; then by coin flip).
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 239-949-0707 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Due to the rains from Tropical Storm Sally, the 2020 Women's Net Championship was shortened to an 18-hole event. Melanie Clegg, of Merritt Island, prevailed after a scorecard playoff to win her first FSGA Championship. Clegg tied Nancy Bradley at 2-under, 70. Clegg's final nine-hole score of 34 defeated Bradley's final nine score of net 37. In the Forward Division, Liz Porter won the scorecard match in a three way tie with Elizabeth Rees and Yenisse Cachonegrete. Porter, of Fort Lauderdale, carded a final nine hole score of 35 to prevail and win her first FSGA Championship title.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Spring Run Golf Club does not accept Cash, only Visa/MasterCard are accepted forms of payment
Spring Run Golf Club
9501 Spring Run Blvd.
Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Click here for directions.