25th Amateur Public Links Championship
June 10-12, 2022
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship||6,738 yds. 72.2/130|
|Light Showers, Sunny||85 °F|
|Humid, Sunny||88 °F|
|Partly Overcast||89 °F|
Format: 54 holes of gross individual stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Member, Public Links Player
Handicap: Florida GHIN 7.0 or less
Entry Fee: $235
- 54 holes of individual gross stroke play
- Maximum Field Size - 84 players
- Male amateur bona fide "public links" golfer
- Entrant is required to be a member of the FSGA, with a Florida GHIN not exceeding 7.0
Male amateurs must be bona fide public course players, since January 1, 2022, and have not held privileges at any course that does not extend playing privileges to the general public, or privileges at any private club maintaining its own course.
A bona fide public course player may hold incidental privileges at a course not open to the public when such privileges are provided by; an educational institution at which he/she attends, a federal armed service at which he/she is a member, or an industry by which he/she is employed.
If you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions, you are NOT ELIGIBLE for this year's FSGA Public Links Championship:
1. Private Club Access - Have you had privileges at a private club (not open to the public) at anytime during the current year?
2. Social Memberships - Do you maintain a social membership at a private club that allows you to play the course sometime during the year?
3. Dependents of Members - Does your spouse or parent/guardian belong to a private course and as a result you are allowed to play the course without a guest fee?
4. Golf Course Employees - Have you been an employee at a private course during the year, where you are allowed to play golf more than one day per week?
5. Resort Courses - Do you have a membership at a resort that restricts which days resort guests can play?
6. Golf Team Members - As a member of a scholastic golf team, are you allowed to play a private course not owned by the school at times other than your regular golf season including playoffs and championships?
- Military Courses - A player, because of his military service may hold privileges at a facility from which the general public is excluded.
- County and City Courses - A player may be a member at a course open to county or city residents even if it is closed to nonresidents.
- Handicap - There is no restriction to where a player maintains his handicap.
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field
Friday, June 10th
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round one tee times off #1 and #10 tees
Saturday, June 11th
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Round two tee times off #1 and #10 tees
Sunday, June 12th
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off #1 and #10 tees
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
With the ever growing popularity of the Public Links Championship, the FSGA Championships Committee instituted Entry Priority in 2020 with the reduced field and has expanded the priority for 2022. The entry priority will be as follows.
- 75% of the field will be determined using the following order of preference - 63 Entries
- Previous 5 years Amateur Public Links Champions
- Top 30 in previous year's Amateur Public Links Championship
- Players qualifying for any of the previous year's USGA Individual National Championships
- Any players making the 36 hole cut at the previous year's Florida Amateur or Florida Open Championship
- Any players advancing to Round of 16 at Amateur Match Play Championship
- Top 50 on the previous year's Amateur Player of the Year Points List
- Players Selected by FSGA Championship Committee (up to 5 spots)
- Handicap Index on Entry Close Date
- 25% of the field - First Come, First Served - 21 Entries
- The course will be set-up at approximately 6,800-7,000 yards
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 772-287-3680 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Tiger Godwin was victorious at the Amateur Public Links Championship hosted by ChampionsGate Golf Resort. The victor from Fort Meade secured the one-shot victory with a 6-under 210 for the three-day championship to capture his first individual FSGA championship. Click here for results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Amateur Championship
- Current year's Amateur Match Play Championship
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Courtyard by Marriott
7615 Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
Booking Deadline: May 27, 2022
Click here to book
The Florida Club accepts all cash and all major credit cards for payment.
The Florida Club
9005 SW Old Royal Drive
Stuart, FL 34997
Click here for directions