Last Chance Qualifier - 69th Boys' Junior Championship
June 19, 2023
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (13-15)||6,651 yards (73.0 / 134)|
|Boys (16-18)||6,897 yards (73.7 / 136)|
|Hot & Very Breezy||93 °F|
This qualifier is for male junior golfers who did not gain acceptance into the 69th Boys' Junior Championship field as of June 1, 2023.
Format: 18 holes of gross stroke play
Eligibility: Male Florida resident - junior golfer
Handicap: Florida GHIN required
Entry Fee: $50
Qualifying Spots Available
Recommended Qualifying Procedures
- Step 1 - Enter the Boys' Junior Championship (Entries open on February 1, 2023)
- Step 2 - Wait until entries close for the Boys Junior Championship on May 31st at 11:30 PM
- Step 3 - If placed on the Boys' Junior Championship alternates list on Thursday, June 1st and you wish to participate in the qualifier, enter on this page. Entries open on June 2nd at 8:00 AM.
- Boys (16-18) & (13-15) age divisions - as of the last day of the Championship
- 18 holes of individual stroke play
- Boys (16-18) will be competing for 10 qualifying spots
- Boys (13-15) will be competing for 5 qualifying spots
- This qualifier will determine qualifying spots only. There will be no alternate spots determined from this qualifier. Alternates will come from the alternate's list posted on the Boys' Junior Championship tournament page.
Championship Field Size
- Approximate Field Size
- Boys (16-18) - 54 players
- Boys (13-15) - 30 players
The FSGA reserves the right to modify the entry process at any time.
- $50 qualifying fee - Late entries will be subject to a $10 late fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- A full refund ($50) will be granted to those juniors who gain acceptance into the Championship field prior to the qualifier.
- Those players who qualify will still be charged the $175 Championship fee when their Championship entry is processed.
- Entries open on Friday, June 2nd at 8:00 AM.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Entering this qualifier does not have any effect on the golfers standing on the Championship alternate's list.
- If you fail to qualify for the Championship, your alternate status will not change as it is listed on the Championship alternate's list. You must have already put an entry in for the Championship to be on the alternate's list. All late entries to the Championship will be placed on the bottom of the Championship alternate's list.
- Male amateur golfer
- Florida Resident
- Entrant must be no older than 18 as of the last day of the Championship and not attending college if graduated from high school. See exception here.
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA.
- All players must compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of the last day of the Championship. See the following exception:
- Players 12 and under may play up to the (13-15) age division if they have been granted permission to play in the (13-15) age division of the Florida Junior Tour.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately:
- 6,800 - 7,000 yards (Boys 16-18)
- 6,600 - 6,800 yards (Boys 13-15)
Schedule of Events
Monday, June 19th - Crooked Cat Course
- 6:30 AM - 9:00 AM - Registration - located near the clubhouse
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Tee times off of #1 & #10
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must have a Championship entry submitted by Friday, June 26th online at the FSGA website at www.fsga.org. If payment is not received by Friday, June 23rd at 3:30 PM, the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship. It is suggested that you submit a Championship entry prior to entering the qualifier.
- If you already have an entry into the Championship:
- Confirm with the Tournament Chairmen upon qualifying that you would like to play in the Championship.
- If you do not have an entry into the Championship yet:
- Confirm with the Tournament Chairmen upon qualifying that you would like to play in the Championship and put an entry in before 3:30 PM on Friday, June 26th or,
- Call the FSGA office to confirm that you have qualified and would like to play. Submit an entry for the Championship and we will process the entry at that time.
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fee - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 administration fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Practice Round and Practice Facility Information
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the qualifier and after 12:00 PM on the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $55.00 + tax. Please call (407) 656-2626 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Transportation - Players must walk and carry their bag (push carts are allowed).
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Orange County National GC & Lodge
16301 Phil Ritson Way
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Click here for directions