Parent-Child Championship (9-holer)
July 22-23, 2023
ORLANDO, Fla. – During the largest Parent-Child Championship in FSGA history, over 520 players took on five different golf courses. Seven well-deserving champions were crowned at ChampionsGate Golf Club, Orange County National Golf Club and Lodge, and ChampionsGate Country Club on Sunday including the teams of: Len and Leonard Schonfeld (32 & Over), Jackson and Doug Stroup (24-31), Steve and Jacob Carter (18-23), Stefan and Jesse Daley (17 & Under), Seth and Colby Strickland (10-12), Nathan and Nott Naganidhi (8-9), and Trent and Benjamin Erb (6-7).
Seth and Colby Strickland captured the 10-12 Division with 60 total points. The duo carded three birdies and an eagle in the final round to secure the championship by one point with 32 points in the final round. The Miami Shores natives picked up 28 points in the first round with two birdies.
Two teams finished the weekend in second place with 59 points: Nolan & Brett Blondell and Joel & Jackson Helm.
Nathan and Nott Naganidhi used 54 points to take home the victory in the 8-9 Division. Securing the win with two rounds of 27, the pair posted one birdie in the final round to finish two points ahead of the field.
Liam and Aaron Boone finished second with 52points, along with David and David Perritt to finish the championship in a tie for second.
Trent and Benjamin Erb were victorious in the 6-7 Division for the second year in a row with an impressive 55 points for the win.
Logan and Ryder Blondell finished runner-up with 48 points, while Dominic & Tom Murray and Thomas & Connor Wharton finished tied for third with 47 points.
A tradition in Florida for more than 30 years, the FSGA Parent-Child Championship includes men, women, children of all ages. Teams with children under 12 years old, play nine holes each day using modified Stableford scoring that promotes a great team atmosphere.
For 2023 we will be at ChampionsGate Country Club for the second year. Both days will be 8:30 AM shotguns, playing nine holes on either the front or back nine. Teams will play the opposite nine holes on the second day of the Championship!
Format: 18 holes of gross Modified Alternate Shot
Eligibility: Parent/Child Teams (defined below); At least one player must be an FSGA member and child between ages 6-12 as of the last day of the tournament
Entry Fee: $140
- 18 holes (9 holes each day) of gross Modified Alternate Shot with Stableford scoring
- 8:30 AM Shotgun both days for all age divisions
- Maximum Field Size - 52 teams (104 players)
- Teams will be placed in an Age Division by child's age as of the last day of the Championship
Modified Alternate Shot Format Instructions:
- Both players hit their tee shots
- Next, both players hit the second shot with their partner's ball
- After each ball has been played twice, the team chooses which ball it will use to complete the hole hitting alternate shots into the hole
- Scoring will be gross modified stableford within age divisions
Modified Stableford Scoring
Hole Score to Par
- At least one entrant of each team must be a member of the FSGA
- Child must be age 6 or older as of the last day of the Championship
- A child 6-12 years of age can move up to the Regular Division, but a child age 13 or older may not move down.
- Professionals may play and are eligible for trophies or prizes
- Grandparents may also play with grandchildren
- Only two-person teams are permitted
- Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- 8:30 AM Shotgun - All Age Divisions Both Days
- (6-7 and 8-9 Age Divisions) - Front 9 Saturday / Back 9 Sunday
- (10-12 Age Division) - Back 9 Saturday / Front 9 Sunday
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after each nine-hole shotgun is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry for their respective shotgun division, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Teams will be placed in Divisions according to the child's age as of the last day of the Championship - There will be no gender-based divisions
- Ages 6-7
- Ages 8-9
- Ages 10-12
All Women & boys 10-12
Boys 6-9 and all Girls 6-12
Practice rounds are offered at discounted rates and are available seven days prior to the event. Practice rounds are available after 10:00 AM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Players may book practice rounds up to seven days in advance of practice round date. Practice round rate includes cart.
Players may call 407-507-2756 to book practice rounds.
Practice Round Pricing
- Adult - $50 for 18 holes or $30 for 9 holes
- Child - $15 for 18 holes or $10 for 9 holes
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Spectator carts will be available on a first come, first serve basis at the cost of $30 plus tax.
- Child 10-12: Marlow/Sofia Macapagal 32-29--61
- Child 8-9: Matthew/Oliver Laverghetta 31-29--60
- Child 6-7: Trent/Benjamin Erb 25-29--54
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are NOT permitted in FSGA Championships and FSGA qualifying rounds per the FSGA Code of Conduct; except at the Florida Open, Florida Women's Open & Senior Open, and the Florida Senior Open - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Due to the magnitude of hotel options, timeshares & budgets in the Lake Buena Vista & ChampionsGate area, there will not be a host hotel for this event.
ChampionsGate Country Club accepts Cash, Visa, MasterCard and American Express for method of payment.
ChampionsGate Country Club
8950 Clifton Draw Drive
ChampionsGate, FL 33896
Click here for directions