Forty & Over Four-Ball Championship (North)
June 5-6, 2021
Entries Close: Wednesday, May 26th at 11:30 PM
The Forty & Over Four-Ball (formerly the Mid-Senior Four-Ball) is the perfect opportunity for a golfing getaway. Each team consists of two players at least 40 years of age. Pair-up with a friend to take on some of the best players in the state in an always competitive four-ball event.
Format: 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult member; at least 40 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 15.0 or less
Entry Fee: $320 per team ($160 per player)
- 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play (commonly known as two-person best-ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 52 teams (104 players)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
What is a Four-Ball? A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as best ball.
- Male amateur golfers at least 40 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN of 15.0 or less at time of entry
- $320 per team ($160 per player)
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, June 5th
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10
Sunday, June 6th
- 8:00 AM - Shotgun
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,600 - 6,700 yards.
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $45.00 + tax per player. Please call 904-277-5907 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
The 2020 Championship Forty & Over Four-Ball Championship was contested as only one event at Mission Inn Resort & Club in August of 2020 after the COVID-19 resumption, rather than separate North & South Championships. The 2020 Forty & Over Four-Ball Championship was captured by Steve Albright & Jimmy Letterly, of Ocala. Click here to view the results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Omni Amelia Island will accept payments of Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Food & Beverage can accept cash as well.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation
39 Beach Lagoon Road
Amelia Island, FL 32034
Click here for directions.