Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship (South)
September 10-11, 2022
The 2020 Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Champions were back to fight for another Championship as Marc France and Carl Santos-Ocampo took the early lead at Kensington Golf & Country Club. The duo's 64 included 8 birdies on the par-71 course in Naples. Four teams would be within one shot going into Sunday's final round as the teams all finished with 6-under 65s on Saturday.
On Sunday, if you weren't making birdies early and often you were losing ground. 2022 Forty & Over Four-Ball Champions Joe Alfieri and Daniel Debra came out looking to get back in the chase as they carded a 28 on the front nine. However, it would be Jonah Wasserstrom and Austin Powell who would come out of the final group to take the lead. Wasserstrom would birdie three holes in a row on #2-4 and Powell got it going through the turn with birdies on 9, 10, 12 and 13. The duo would finish at 10-under 61 which would allow them to come back to take the Championship at a two-day total of 16-under 126. Alfieri and Debra's final round 60 would put them in second place for the Championship, two back of Powell and Wasserstrom.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Championship||6,760 yds. 73.2/138|
|Windy and scattered showers||90 °F|
|Scattered Clouds||95 °F|
Certain to provide an atmosphere for competitive team golf, the Mid-Amateur Four-Ball attracts the best Mid-Amateur teams throughout the state each year. The Mid-Amateur Four-Ball is a great event for two players 25 or older to team up and compete for a state championship.
Format: 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 25 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 15.0 or less
Entry Fee: $340 per team
- 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play (commonly known as two-person best-ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 52 teams (104 players)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
What is a Four-Ball? A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as best ball.
- Male amateur golfers at least 25 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN of 15.0 or less at time of entry
- $340 per team
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, September 10th
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10
Sunday, September 11th
- 8:30 AM - Shotgun
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800 yards.
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax per player. Please call 239-649-0071 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Teammates Ben Finley and Joseph Latowski defeated the teams of Daniel Eggertsson & Kasey Denesevich and Jon Veneziano & Stephen Anderson in a playoff to secure the championship. All three teams finished the championship at 133 (-11).
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Kensington Golf & Country Club will accepts all major credit cards as method of payment.
Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort - Click Here
$179 per night
Kensington Golf & Country Club
2700 Pine Ridge Road
Naples, FL 33109
Click here for directions.