Junior Team Championship
August 5-6, 2023
VERO BEACH, Fla. - The 2023 Junior Team Championship at Sandridge Golf Club in Vero Beach featured 43 teams across four divisions competing for the title of FSGA Junior Team Champion. Sandridge Golf Club’s Dunes and Lakes Courses provided both great challenges and scoring opportunities to make for a competitive event. In the end, three organizations earned victories and will be taking trophies home with them.
Through 18 holes, Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour Team A held a six-shot lead after being the only team with a score under-par (1-under par). Mark Piver powered his team to the lead with the low-round of the day in the division at 3-under par, 69. Junior Golf Association of Broward County Team A (5-over par) and North Florida Junior Golf Foundation (6-over par) sat in second and third place, respectively.
On Sunday, the leaderboard significantly tightened up and turned into a four-team race. Indian River Golf Foundation joined the three teams leading after the first round, and all four teams were within one shot of each other with just a few holes to play. Ultimately, North Florida Junior Golf Foundation, consisting of Evan Raynor, Connor Williams, and Ryan Gear, emerged victorious on the back of Raynor and Williams’ Sunday rounds of 2-under par, 70. Junior Golf Association of Broward County Team A, highlighted by the division’s individual leader TJ Thompson (3-under par), would finish two shots back at 4-over par. Indian River Golf Foundation claimed third place with a score of 10-over par.
After Saturday’s first round, Mike Bender Golf Academy was atop the leaderboard after recording a score of 1-over par. Bretton Mackiewicz led her team to success in the first round by sharing the low-round in the division with a score of 1-under par, 71. In second place, four shots back, was Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour, whose score of 5-over par was powered by Savannah Goodman’s share of the low-round in the division at 1-under par, 71. Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation and North Florida Junior Golf Foundation were in a tie for third at 7-over par.
In the second round, Mike Bender Golf Academy, consisting of McKenna Murphy, Mara King, and Mackiewicz, continued to perform well as they held the lead throughout Sunday on their way to a six-shot victory at 6-over par. Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour (12-over par) would find themselves in second, while North Florida Junior Golf Foundation (13-over par) finished in third. Murphy and Savannah Goodman, playing for Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour, finished in a tie for the individual lead at 4-over par.
With a score of 5-over par, Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation held a one-shot lead over three other teams. Trevor Tingle led Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation by sharing the low-round of the day at 1-over par, 71. North Florida Junior Golf Foundation, Junior Golf Association of Broward County, and Indian River Golf Foundation were all tied for second with scores of 6-over par. Henry Crowe, playing for Junior Golf Association of Broward County, Blake Reed, playing for Indian River Golf Foundation, and Riley Sillaway, playing for Claret Junior Golf Tour, all tied Tingle’s low-round of 1-over par, 71.
On Sunday, the four teams at the top had dwindled down to just two vying for the title. Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation and North Florida Junior Golf Foundation battled all throughout the second round, trading the lead multiple times. Ultimately, Gold Coast Junior Golf Foundation, consisting of Trevor Tingle, Cristian Scradeanu, and Hudson Fee, hung on for a one-shot victory. Tingle would claim low individual for the weekend with a score of 1-over par.
At the conclusion of the first round, North Florida Junior Golf Foundation had built a significant lead of 10 shots following after recording a score of 2-over par, highlighted by Sahana Chokshi’s division-low round of 2-under par, 70. Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour and Junior Golf Association of Broward County had a share of second place with scores of 12-over par.
During the second round, North Florida Junior Golf Foundation, consisting of Chokshi, Sofia Rivera, and Danielle Dailey, continued to extend their lead on their way to victory, ultimately defeating their competition by 15 strokes. Chokshi would also take home low-individual honors, completing the weekend with a cumulative score of 2-under par. At 20-over par, Junior Golf Association of Broward County would finish in second, while Emerald Coast Junior Golf Tour finished in third at 21-over par.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (16-18)||6,719 yds. / 72.5 / 138|
|Girls (16-18)||5,674 yds. / 73.2 / 137|
|Boys (13-15)||6,235 yds. / 70.9 / 134|
|Girls (13-15)||5,567 yds. / 73.6 / 132|
|Format: 36-holes of stroke play; low 2 scores count for the team|
|Eligibility: Male & Female Florida resident - junior golfer|
|Entry Fee: $195 - teams of 3 ($65 per player)|
|Schedule of Events|
- 36 holes of stroke play
- Total of the low two scores per round of the three gross scores for each team will count per round as team score
- Low gross total team score is Champion
- Two courses will be utilized - players will play the same course both days
- Three players per team and all three members must fall into one division (playing up allowed if approved by FSGA)
Course assignments are as follows:
Boys (16-18) Division - Dunes Course
Girls (13-15) Division - Dunes Course
Boys (13-15) Division - Lakes Course
Girls (16-18) Division - Lakes Course
Course assignments are subject to change pending number of entries received in each division.
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 60 teams - 180 players
Eligibility & Entry Priority
- Open to junior programs that provide organized tournaments, instruction, or clinics that are open to all junior golfers in your community
- National or statewide tours are not allowed to participate
- Junior programs may select the individuals they send to the Team Championship by any criteria they select; however, all three players must be directly involved with the local program listed on the entry form
- Only one team ("A" team) from each program will be accepted per division prior to the close of entries
- Additional teams ("B", and "C") will be accepted on a space available basis after the entry deadline based on order of receipt of entry. All "B" teams entered before the deadline will be considered for acceptance before any "C" teams are considered.
- Entrant must not have reached their 19th birthday by the last day of the Championship and not attending college if graduated from high school. See exception here.
Junior Programs may reserve a spot (with a fully-paid entry) without team member's names prior to the closing date.
- $195 per team
- Coaches carts are not included in above entry fee
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field
Schedule of Events
Saturday, August 5th
- 10:15 AM - 12:15 PM Registration (Coach registers for team)
- 11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Tee times off of #1 & #10
Sunday, August 6th
- 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Tee times off of #1 & #10
- Awards presentation immediately following play
*Tee times could change based on amount of entries*
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
- Boys (16-18) will play approximately 6,600-6,800 yards
- Girls (16-18) will play approximately 5,600-5,800 yards
- Boys (13-15) will play approximately 6,300-6,500 yards
- Girls (13-15) will play approximately 5,400-5,600 yards
Based on age as of the last day of the tournament
- Boys (16-18)
- Boys (13-15)
- Girls (16-18)
- Girls (13-15)
The Championship is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax which includes a cart (if 16 years of age or older). To schedule your practice round call (772) 770-5000. You may begin calling for practice round tee times one week prior to the day you wish to play. Practice round rate is for participants only. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple balls on the golf course is unacceptable.
Each team is allowed ONE Coach. Only that coach may give advice after the completion of a hole and before the start of the next hole. Each Coach should register themselves as the team coach at the registration table to receive their team packet.
Coaches and spectators may rent carts for $30 + tax each day. Carts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The FSGA requests these carts be used to assist in evacuation of players if play is suspended for dangerous situation (inclement weather).
TrackMan Sessions Available
Boys (16-18): First Tee of Miami
Girls (16-18): Highlander Junior Tour
Boys (13-15): North Florida Junior Golf Tour
Girls (13-15): Interanational Junior Golf Academy
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
There will be a registration table located outside the Golf Shop on Saturday morning. All players and coaches are expected to register before the first round.
Crystal trophies will be awarded to each member and the coach of the winning team. In the Boys division, each member of the winning teams, and individual medalist (if on a non-winning team), will receive three exemptions to the Florida Junior Tour. In the Girls division, each member of the winning teams, and individual medalist (if on a non-winning team), will receive two exemptions to the Florida Junior Tour.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
SpringHill Suites Vero Beach
5115 Indian River Blvd
Vero Beach, FL 32967
- 1 King Bed w/ Sofa Bed - $149/night
- 2 Queen w/ Sofa Bed - $159/night
Booking Deadline: July 15th, 2023
Sandridge Golf Club accepts cash, check, and all major credit cards as payment method.
Sandridge Golf Club
5300 73rd Street
Vero Beach, FL 32967