Level II Training
General Information - Level II Workshops
In addition to the on-the-job training that all our officials receive, the FSGA conducts workshops to assist new and active FSGA tournament volunteers in Rules Training and Officiating techniques.
- Open to new and active FSGA volunteers only - not open to the general public. Please see eligibility guidelines below.
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM with lunch and dinner included
- Both indoor and outdoor classroom settings
- Generally small class sizes (8-16)
- Free! - No cost to attend
Level II - Officiating Techniques & Common rulings
Purpose & Content
- New Volunteers - to review the jobs and tasks performed by officials so that you will be comfortable when working events
- Active Volunteer Officials - to reinforce the proper methods used in officiating and to reinforce the most common Rules that we encounter as officials - a great refresher!
- Content of Workshop
- 60% officiating responsibilities and methods (jobs officials perform)
- 40% most commonly encountered Rules of Golf
- Open to active FSGA Tournament Volunteers (Certified Rules, Senior Rules or non-certified officials)
- New Volunteers - Must have attended at least one tournament day of an FSGA administered event (a ride-along day counts)
- Highly recommended for all first-year volunteers and for all officials at least once every four years
- 9:00 Arrival Time - Welcome and overview
- 9:30 - Outside demonstrations and role playing
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 1:00 to 5:00 - Inside discussions and training
- 5:00 - Cocktails and dinner (normally at the club or a nearby restaurant)